This week we made another trip to Weinland Park to help with their recess. The kids' kickball and soccer skills have really improved over the weeks. We're getting to know them much better.
Maddie: Today I was teaching the kids some more about soccer. They seemed to really enjoy it! This little girl in the picture really liked to show off her skills to everyone else:)
Riley: The kids in the kindergarten/first grade group at first had us playing keep-away with the kickball because they all wanted it. Then they had us giving them piggyback rides. Then they were playing tag with the kickball. Then they were running around out in the fields. THEN we FINALLY got them to play kickball! They loved the piggyback rides and worked on taking turns. They bounced around so much and giggled and called me "horsie." I loved it. Two girls asked for my autograph...so I pretended to sign their arms.
Katie: This little boy is the cutest thing that I have ever had the pleasure to come across. He loves holding my hand and getting piggy-back rides. He's always happy to try and learn whatever new game we have for the first graders that day. I always look for him when the kids come outside to play so I can get a smile and a hug from him :).
Sarah: Here we are taking a much needed break after chasing the kindergarteners and first graders around. This wall is where the students line up before playing to recite the rules of the Playground. The rules are:
Follow directions of all staff
Don't throw mulch or rocks
Keep your hands, feet, and other objects to yourself
Go up the ladder and down the slide
Do not climb on top of the monkey bars
Stay away from the tables unless sitting down
Flip only in the grass and not off objects or other people
If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all
If you have a problem tell a teacher
Do not run to catch, grab, or hit another person
Below are the kids reciting all of their recess rules!
Sarah: When I needed to calm the kids down I would give my epic speech. "Boys are Boys, Girls are Girls, Stay in line and you will have a good time." ~Sarah
Riley: Mr. C. and Ms. B. gave us the nickname of the DRC (Dublin Recess Crew)! We love it! We feel official now that we have a name. Thank you!
Riley: Mr. C. and Ms. B. gave us the nickname of the DRC (Dublin Recess Crew)! We love it! We feel official now that we have a name. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment